Hormone Replacement Therapy
Declining hormone levels are associated with fatigue, weight gain, mood changes, decreased libido, loss of lean muscle, and more. DGMD Medical can restore your hormones to optimal levels and keep you feeling balanced, energized and motivated to live life to the fullest.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormone Replacement Therapy, or HRT, is a solution to declining hormone levels in both men and women. There are many forms of hormone therapy but choosing the right one depends greatly on the patient’s medical history, current status, and needs. DGMD offers all forms of HRT including injections, pellets, and transdermal creams and gels, as well as always staying up to date with the newest delivery systems. Read on to learn more about HRT for men and women.
Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men
As men age, the amount of testosterone the body produces begins to decline. This decline in testosterone can cause a variety of symptoms that can include loss of libido, decreased sexual function, lack of interest in hobbies, hair loss, decreasing muscle mass, insomnia, and mood changes.
Key Points about HRT for Men:
- Hormone replacement therapy is an effective way to relieve symptoms caused by declining testosterone levels
- HRT can aid in weight loss, improve retention in lean body mass, and better sexual health
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
A common misconception about HRT, and specifically testosterone, is that it has no role in women’s health. In fact, both men and women can benefit from testosterone replacement, and often in the same ways: improved mood, sleep, aiding in loss of adipose tissue and retention of lean muscle (improved body composition), and improved libido and sexual function.
Key points about testosterone replacement therapy for women:
- Testosterone replacement therapy is not just for men
- Testosterone replacement therapy in women has been shown to improve mood, sleep, libido, and sexual function
- Testosterone replacement therapy can assist in weight loss goals and improved body composition